New Rules!

New Rules!

Postby mgillie » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:50 am

Anyone else noticed the new rules that have been published?

http://www.worldsquash.org/ws/wp-conten ... h-2014.pdf

Amongst other things, if you manage to get the ball to go out of court after it bounces there is no longer a rule covering what to do (previously a let). Has anyone ever managed this?
mgillie

Re: New Rules!

Postby richard mcintosh » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:27 am

I've hit the ball out of court a few times, but don't remember being given a let.
richard mcintosh

Postby helicopter_swing » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:07 pm

It had to be after bouncing on the front wall, floor & THEN going out to get the let. Someone on the rules committee was having a laugh 50 years ago to get this put in - even a racketball can't be made do this.
You'd have to have one of those super-bouncy solid rubber/PU balls you get at fairgrounds to achieve this.

I think they made a mistake in getting rid of the guidelines. They should have left them as a teaching aid appendix.
helicopter_swing

Postby richard mcintosh » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:23 pm

I have heard a rumour of a slight change coming in to the let rule in early 2019.

Something about being able to see the whole of the front wall, or was it being able to see the whole of the moon, or maybe it was just another brick in the wall, or was it just another manic Monday, but I don't like Mondays, although Friday I'm in love, in the Love Shack. I'll stop now before the B-52s start kicking in, along with the Cure, the Boomtown Rats, the Bangles, Pink Floyd, the Waterboys and finally back to the World Squash Federation.

How can anyone be confused by my interpretation of the no let / let / stroke rules?
richard mcintosh

Postby richard mcintosh » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:28 am

richard mcintosh

Return to Squash Rules